Hair & makeup by Rachael Drootin, Charmed Beauty
Hello! I’m Courtney, and I’ve been photographing families, couples, and events since 2008. It started when our point-and-shoot broke on our honeymoon. At the time I’d started to get back into photography and it seemed like the perfect excuse to suggest to my husband we buy a DSLR as a Christmas gift for each other. What was “our” gift soon became “my” gift! I realized how much I loved photographing people, and I started shooting for family and friends. My business grew to what it is today. I am excited and honored to capture your memories!
So, what else is there to know about me?
- I was born and raised in Michigan, and still consider myself a Detroit sports fan! I love the Tigers and Pistons, even when they’re not doing so well!
- Gilmore Girls is my all-time favorite TV show. I have all the DVDs and watch the entire series at least once a year.
- I’m a huge bookworm! My most recent favorite read is Moloka’i by Alan Brennert. I also have a Kindle installed on my tablet, but I vastly prefer reading with a real book.
- I’ve often said I’m part plant, because the sun makes me happy. While I miss my family in Detroit, I love living in SoCal!
- I love movies and quote comedies frequently. The entire back page of my husband and I’s wedding program was filled with quotes from our favorite movies, including “I’M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW!” (Bonus points if you know where that’s from!)
- I don’t have a problem with caffeine, I have a problem without caffeine.
- I have a huge addiction to lip gloss. About 8 are in my purse at any given time.
- I absolutely love traveling! I am definitely a city girl and my idea of a good time is dinner and drinks out on the town with my husband :)
So, let’s get in touch! Call me, email me, skywrite me…I’m open to all options ;) Click here for my contact form!