Every photographer has a story about what pushed him or her into pursuing professional photography. My story starts on my honeymoon in 2008. My husband and I were out with some friends we met at our resort, and when one of them dropped our point-and-shoot, I suggested that we buy one of those fancy DSLRs as a Christmas gift to each other. A Canon Rebel XSi, to be exact. Well, “our” camera quickly became “my” camera and I started branching out and offering to shoot families, events, you name it! Over the years, as my experience grew, I became focused on wedding photography. The majority of my photography today is capturing brides and grooms’ wedding memories. Please see my About Courtney McManaway Weddings page for more information on my experience and pricing.
So, what else is there to know about me?
- I was born and raised in Michigan. I go back fairly frequently to see my family, but I have no problem admitting I don’t miss winter one bit!
- Gilmore Girls is my all-time favorite TV show. I have all the DVDs and watch the entire series at least once a year.
- I’m a huge bookworm! My most recent favorite read is All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I love REAL books. I have a Kindle Paperwhite, which I adore for travel, but there is really nothing like sitting down and flipping through the pages of a good story.
- My husband and I spend a good amount of time communicating solely in movie quotes. In fact, the back of our wedding program had a list of some of our favorite quotes, such as, “I’M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW!”
- Speaking of caffeine, I am a tea addict and my life changed for the better when I received the Breville One Touch Tea Maker as a gift. That’s right, I love this appliance so much that it made its way into my About section! I have started to joke that if there is a fire, this is the one thing I will grab on the way out the door!
- My favorite memories with my husband have to do with traveling and experiencing new places together. I always bring my 5D Mark III with me, which I always regret at some point mid-trip, but am thrilled to have brought it once I download our photos :)
So, let’s get in touch! Call me, email me, skywrite me…I’m open to all options ;) Click here for my contact form!